The Design blog
9 Things to improve SEO on your Blogs
Blogging and SEO go hand in hand. Search Engine Optimization is essential because it makes your website more visible, which means more traffic and more opportunities to convert viewers into clients.
When you are a blogger, each blog will help you with your SEO and help you rank on google. It is essential to use those keywords and keep them in mind before writing your blog.
Keywords are words and locations that will help you be found on Google. For example, if you are a wedding photographer in Seattle, you may want to use “Seattle” & “Wedding photographer.”
1. Use a Keyword (Put it in your title, and 3-4x throughout your article)
2. Use keyword variations – you can find different websites to help with this
3. Keyword in the URL
4. Use headings 2 & 3 throughout your article
5. Add an external Link
6. Add ALT text within your images
7. Meta description (Yoast plugin: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/)
8. Make your blog posts evergreen (WP Date remover: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-meta-and-date-remover/ + WP date last modified: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-last-modified-info/)
9. Get backlinks (Collabs, Link swaps, Guest posting)
For advanced SEO options I would suggest hiring a SEO specialist, because there is a lot of backend research to find the keywords that would make you excel. There are also a couple websites that will help as well.